The highest quality since 1947
The shipbuilders at the newly founded company Neue Jadewerft GmbH in Wilhelmshaven started work in 1947. In the early years, the focus of shipbuilding work was on repairing, servicing and maintaining military and civil auxiliary vessels.
By 1950, the Neue Jadewerft shipyard, whose roots lay in the river and port engineering division of what was once Germany’s biggest naval shipyard, was already constructing newbuildings again, including buoy tenders, icebreakers, supply vessels, fishing vessels and ocean-going and harbour tugboats. By 1993, more than 300 vessels had rolled off the production line at the Wilhelmshaven shipyard, and some are still in use to this day.
In 1990, the shipyard moved to its current location into the North harbour close to the German naval base in Wilhelmshaven. The new shipyard facilities featuring state-of-the-art shipbuilding and production halls were enlarged in 2000 to include a new floating dock measuring 150 by 24 metres. Its load capacity of 8,000 tonnes means that, in addition to repairs, servicing and maintenance work on auxiliary ships, fast attack craft, minesweepers and fleet service vessels, the shipyard can also easily handle the modification of naval vessels up to the size of frigates.
Four years later in 2004, the Neue Jadewerft shipyard was integrated into the Bremen-based Lürssen shipyard group, a step that enabled the shipyard to perfectly round off its portfolio with the addition of repairs, servicing, maintenance work and refits of luxury and mega yachts. The Neue Jadewerft shipyard is now known around the world as a successful repair and refit specialist for a wide array of vessel types – from naval vessels and auxiliary ships to special offshore vessels and 150-metre yachts.